[RADIATOR] Stopping Radiator: problem with killproc

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Jun 17 02:20:01 CDT 2011

On 06/16/2011 01:22 PM, Aeneas Jaißle wrote:

Hello Aeneas,

> Output after changing:
>
> # /etc/init.d/radiator stop
> Shutting down Radiator: -p /var/log/radius/radiusd.pid
>
> /var/log/radius/radius.pid exists, its content is the right pid, so that shouldn't bhe the problem.
> What seems to be missing is the /full/path/to/executable. A killproc with only -p pid_file isn't working, either.
>
> I changed the KILLPROC etc. lines to "killproc /usr/bin/radiusd -p ${RADIUSD_PIDFILE}" and its restarting an d stopping fine.

Thanks for checking what the problem is. About the killproc lines, you
can use ${RADIUSD} instead of /usr/bin/radiusd too.

We need to consider if this works with older OpenSUSE releases too, but
for 11.4 the change you found seems to work well.

> Note: there seems to be a space missing in /etc/init.d/radiator:
>
> # SuSE etc
> TRACEUPPROC="killproc-p ..."

Thanks for this too. This problem has already been fixed in the 4.8
patch set.

Thanks!

NetWare etc.