[RADIATOR] Stopping Radiator: problem with killproc

Aeneas Jaißle jaissle at sewikom.de
Thu Jun 16 05:22:20 CDT 2011

Thanks, I didn't think of that one.

Output after changing:

# /etc/init.d/radiator stop
Shutting down Radiator: -p /var/log/radius/radiusd.pid

/var/log/radius/radius.pid exists, its content is the right pid, so that shouldn't bhe the problem.
What seems to be missing is the /full/path/to/executable. A killproc with only -p pid_file isn't working, either.

I changed the KILLPROC etc. lines to "killproc /usr/bin/radiusd -p ${RADIUSD_PIDFILE}" and its restarting an d stopping fine.

Note: there seems to be a space missing in /etc/init.d/radiator:

# SuSE etc
TRACEUPPROC="killproc-p ..."

- Aeneas