[RADIATOR] TLS/SSL securing connection Radiator <=> LDAP2 Server

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Jun 3 09:23:25 CDT 2011

On 06/02/2011 11:30 PM, W.Siebert at t-systems.com wrote:

> a simple question: TLS/SSL securing connection Radiator <=> LDAP2
> Server. There is a little StepByStep  Guide? Realy minimal, without SSL
> Verify …
>
> I think so, a minimal prerecvisite is a certificate. How can I install
> it and bind on Radiator connection to LDAP-Server?

You can check goodies/ldap.cfg and goodies/edirectory.cfg for examples.
The reference manual ref.pdf also contains information about TLS/SSL in
section "5.37 <AuthBy LDAP2>"

The minimum would be to configure UseTLS or UseSSL and then specify the
trusted CA certificate with EAPTLS_CAFile. Radiator will require a valid
certificate from the LDAP server but does not specify a certificate itself.

  UseTLS

  # Radiator trusts certs signed by this CA
  EAPTLS_CAFile %D/certs/cacert.pem

If the client (Radius server) needs to authenticate SSL/TLS connection
to the LDAP server, the following should work:

  UseTLS

  # Radiator trusts certs signed by this CA
  EAPTLS_CAFile %D/certs/cacert.pem

  # These are needed if Radiator has to send a certificate
  EAPTLS_CertificateFile  %D/certs/radius-cert.pem
  EAPTLS_CertificateType PEM
  EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile %D/certs/radius-key.pem
  EAPTLS_PrivateKeyPassword keypw

For TLS/SSL support, you need to install Perl modules and openssl.
IO::Socket::SSL, Net::SSLeay and openssl are required.

Best regards,
Heikki

NetWare etc.