[RADIATOR] CoA / Change-of-Authorization / Change-Filter-Request

Michael ringo at vianet.ca
Thu Jan 27 20:30:16 CST 2011

I give up.  I've searched for hours for a hint at what this CoA /
Change-of-Authorization / Change-Filter-Request is.  I think it is what
i'm looking for.

I have the usual problem of too much info on the internet, and not
enough of it makes sense to me.  For radiator specific, i can only find
1 mention for Change-Filter-Request in the manual and it only says
radpwtst can send this code.  The website says in the changelog there's
a fix for a bug.

i've run across a couple examples for radpwtst:
-code Change-Filter-Request User-Name=whatever Message-Authenticator=xxxxx

and

-code Change-Filter-Request Account-Info="Sx.x.x.x" Command-Code="04 20"

I'm just looking to know if you can change the rate limit of a current
session on a cisco device.

I was kinda hoping something like this would work:
-code Change-Filter-Request User-Name="test" cisco-Policy-Down="rate1M"
or:
code Change-Filter-Request Acct-Session-Id="00000012"
cisco-Policy-Down="rate1M"

if also tried with the cisco-avpair attr.

all I ever get in the cisco debug is:

++++++ CoA Attribute List ++++++
84F09FA4 0 00000009 string-session-id(339) 8 00000005
COA: No matching entry found
COA: Added Reply Message: No Matching Session

why nothing matches, i don't know. the session-id is correct. but since
i don't know anything about the COA, i'm not even sure if i'm barking up
the right tree.

My Disconnect-Request process works fine which uses a similar process.

Michael