[RADIATOR] Problem after adding <SNMPAgent> when I use the -c option

Gerard Alcorlo Bofill galcorlo at cesca.cat
Thu Jan 13 04:01:54 CST 2011

Hi Hugh,

I'm using the latest patched Radiator version 4.7.
After adding to my Radiator config file the <SNMPAgent> option, I'm
getting this error.

# /usr/local/bin/radiusd -c -config_file /etc/radiator/config.cfg
Error:
  creating socket: Address already in use
 at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/Radius/SNMPAgent.pm line 574
Thu Jan 13 10:21:16 2011: ERR: Could not open SNMP Agent port 1161 on
X.X.X.X: Address already in use
Thu Jan 13 10:21:16 2011: DEBUG: Finished reading configuration file
'/etc/radiator/config.cfg'

The -c option (from the reference manual):
Parse the configuration file, reporting errors in the usual way, then exit.

In my opinion this extra check wouldn't need to be done. Do you think
I'm right? Are you going to change this behaviour?

--
Gerard