[RADIATOR] radpwtst - sending multiple packets

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Jan 5 17:02:03 CST 2011

On 01/05/2011 03:07 PM, Michael wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out the best way to send multiple radius packets to
> a server.  It seems that executing radpwtst once for each individual
> packet is pretty slow.  I assume it is slow since it has to compile,
> parse the dictionary, and do whatever else radpwtst has to do each time
> it is run.  I'm wondering if there is a way to have radpwtst run once,
> and send/receive multiple packets.

Björn already had some comments, so I thought I'd check that you have
noticed the -iterations parameter? With -iterations, the sequence number
changes, so the requests are not complete duplicates.

> I see there is a -rawfileseq option that appears to do this, but i don't
> see this as being a documented option in the manual.  How do you
> generate raw packets to build a raw file?

Try the following:

cat eaptest1.dat > packets.raw
echo "NewPacket" >> packets.raw
cat eaptest2.dat >> packets.raw

In other words, the eaptest*.dat files are already raw files. String
"NewPacket" is the marker between individual messages in the file.

The resulting packets.raw is probably not useful for testing, but when
you run Radiator with trace 4, you can see what the attributes contained
in the raw file are and verify that your raw file is good.

Each seq(uence) contains all of Code, Identifier, Length, Authenticator
and Attributes. It is a complete RADIUS packet in hex format.

NetWare etc.