[RADIATOR] AcctInsertQuery for Authby RADIUS

Christian Kratzer ck at cksoft.de
Wed Feb 16 15:39:40 CST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Jeffrey Lee wrote:

> I tried adding <AuthBy SQL> after <AuthBy RADIUS> but as soon as
> <AuthBy RADIUS> is executed, <AuthBy SQL> will not be executed.

<AuthBy RADIUS> will always return an ignore as it dispatches the
radius request and processes the answer asyncronously.

> Can you actually place <AuthBy SQL> within a <AuthBy RADIUS>?

You can place both AuthBy below each other inside the handler
and set the appropriate AuthByPolicy (Manual Section 5.24.1) to do
what you want.

You will not need an AuthBy GROUP for a simple case as a Handler already
implements the same functionality as an AuthBy GROUP.

> What I'm trying to achieve is to log the RADIUS accounting records
> locally (start, stop & alive) for realms that need to be authenticated
> by another RADIUS server. How can I achieve that?

something like this should do the trick:

 	<Handler Realm=foo>
 		AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileIgnore

 		<AuthBy RADIUS>

 		<AuthBy SQL>
 			IgnoreAuthentication

 	</Handler>

The <AuthBy RADIUS> will always proxy your requests and will return ignore.

The AuthBy SQL will be called but will only handle accounting as you have configured IgnoreAuthentication.

There are many possible variations but I think above is the simplest.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2