[RADIATOR] RHEL6 install - Can't locate Radius/ServerConfig.pm

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Feb 15 04:52:33 CST 2011

On 02/04/2011 09:35 PM, Christian Kratzer wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Jim Tyrrell wrote:

>> This is a fresh RHEL6 install so should of been a straight perl install
>> and no upgrades.  The following RPM's are installed:
>>
>> perl-5.10.1-115.el6.x86_64
>> Radiator-4.7-3.noarch

> Your problem seems to be that the rpm uses diffrent paths from your perl
> installation. Perhaps because you have a 64bit system and the rpm is built
> for a 32 bit perl installation.

I think this is a path problem. Thanks for reporting and diagnosing the
problem.

>> The perl paths are:
>> # perl -e 'print join("\n", at INC);'
>> /usr/local/lib64/perl5
>> /usr/local/share/perl5
>> /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
>> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
>> /usr/lib64/perl5
>> /usr/share/perl5
>>
>> The missing file is located:
>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Radius/ServerConfig.pm

The problem seen here is that the LSB seems not to cover Perl paths. The
RPM is built to support LSB but specifics of Perl libraries seem to
change from one installation to another. LSB is Linux Standard Base
which aims to specify file system layout, libraries and other such things.

We have already discussed about options but do not have new RPMs yet.

> I would suggest that you remove the rpm and install from the tarball.
> The Makefile will automatically find the best path to match your setup.

This is my suggestion too for now on until the RPM path issues have been
resolved.

One thing that may help with tarball is the small change to radiusd that
is in 4.7 patches.  radiusd now supports -I option which can be used to
specify one include path for finding Perl modules. The idea is to have
better support for setups where Radiator is run from where the tarball
was unpacked.

You can now do this:
radiusd -I /opt/local/whatever/Radiator-4.7 ...
instead of
perl -I /opt/local/whatever/Radiator-4.7 radiusd ...

This can be useful with /etc/init.d/ scripts where the module path can
now be specified as a part of radiusd arguments.

NetWare etc.