[RADIATOR] RHEL6 install - Can't locate Radius/ServerConfig.pm

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Fri Feb 4 13:35:35 CST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Jim Tyrrell wrote:

> This is a fresh RHEL6 install so should of been a straight perl install
> and no upgrades.  The following RPM's are installed:
>
> perl-5.10.1-115.el6.x86_64
> Radiator-4.7-3.noarch

ok.

Your problem seems to be that the rpm uses diffrent paths from your perl
installation. Perhaps because you have a 64bit system and the rpm is built
for a 32 bit perl installation.

> The perl paths are:
> # perl -e 'print join("\n", at INC);'
> /usr/local/lib64/perl5
> /usr/local/share/perl5
> /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
> /usr/lib64/perl5
> /usr/share/perl5
>
> The missing file is located:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Radius/ServerConfig.pm

> Where should I be adding a symlink to what, or where and what perl
> library path should I be adding?  Perl isnt my strong point and I don't
> want to add something in the wrong place which will cause other problems
> further down the line.

I would suggest that you remove the rpm and install from the tarball.
The Makefile will automatically find the best path to match your setup.

Greetings
Christian

> Thanks.
>
> Jim.
>

> Christian Kratzer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Fri, 4 Feb 2011, Jim Tyrrell wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have built a fresh RHEL 6.0 x86_64 server, installed perl and other
>>> prerequisites and installed Radiator 4.7-3 from RPM but when I try and
>>> start radiusd I get the following error messages:
>>>
>>> /usr/bin/radiusd -config_file /etc/radiator/radius.cfg -foreground
>>> Can't locate Radius/ServerConfig.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .
>>> /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5
>>> /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
>>> /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /usr/bin/radiusd line 25.
>>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/radiusd line 25.
>>>
>>> The file does exist:
>>>
>>> locate Radius/ServerConfig.pm
>>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Radius/ServerConfig.pm
>>>
>>> Am I missing a symlink or library path from somewhere?
>>
>> run the following
>>
>>     perl -e 'print join("\n", at INC);'
>>
>> to see if /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 is in the perl include path.
>>
>> There should be a symlink from 5.10 to 5.10.0 in case 5.10.0 is your
>> latest 5.10 perl.  Possibly something went wrong with a perl upgrade.
>> I do not how perl packages are handled in Red Hat.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Christian
>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Jim.

Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2
Phone:   +49 7032 893 997 - 0          D-71126 Gaeufelden
Fax:     +49 7032 893 997 - 9          HRB 245288, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
Web:     http://www.cksoft.de/         Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Kratzer