[RADIATOR] Errors in web-based configuration

Mike Newton mnewton at pofp.com
Wed Feb 9 14:52:15 CST 2011

Hi there, I'm evaluating Radiator and wanted to point out some errors that occurred while setting up a configuration through the web interface.

1) I pasted a multi-line SQL query into the AcctSQLStatement box, and when the file was saved it created a separate AcctSQLStatement line for each line of the SQL query. Needless to say, it didn't work out too well when it came time to do some accounting.
2) I manually entered the query into the file, using backslashes to escape line endings. The web interface loaded and displayed this correctly, but when I next saved it, the line breaks were stripped out. For long SQL queries, line breaks and indentation can be very helpful to make sense of what's going on.

And a couple of suggestions, again for the web interface.

1) It would be nice if the AuthSelect entry in the web interface were a textbox instead of a plain single-line input. More of those long, complex SQL queries!
2) Breadcrumbs would be nice, so I can tell which Handler or AuthBy I'm looking at, and to give me an easy way back up the config.
3) For the list of AuthBy sections, it would be much easier to tell them apart if the Identifier field was shown beside each one. If I have a couple of AuthBy SQL sections for a handler, I've no way to tell them apart.

I'm very impressed with the product so far; that the only problems I've had so far have been with the web interface is a great sign! We're transitioning from SBR, barring any big surprises in the live testing, and are looking forward to working with your product.

Mike