[RADIATOR] Log File

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Feb 9 14:16:06 CST 2011

On 02/09/2011 07:24 PM, Adam Gerson wrote:
> I am trying to troubleshoot a why particular machine can not
> authenticate. Is there a log file where I could search by its MAC address?

The default log file is /var/log/radius/logfile

This comes from LogFile which is by default set to %L/logfile where %L
is the LogDir. LogDir is by default set to /var/log/radius

What gets logged into log file is controlled by the Trace setting. If
you run Radiator with Trace 4 (enables debug logging which *lots* of
messages), there is a good chance that you will get enough information
about the machine so you can do troubleshooting succesfully.

Lower Trace levels, the default is 0, may not produce enough information
for debugging purposes.

Please also see section "6.0 radiusd" about how to change the Trace
level dynamically without the need to do changes in the configuration.

Best regards,
Heikki

NetWare etc.