[RADIATOR] timing ldap auth

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Feb 8 08:42:08 CST 2011

On 02/08/2011 01:49 AM, Barry Ard wrote:
> I would like to be graph the results (number of timeouts and length of time
> to do ldap lookup) so I don't know if the log info would work very well.

For timing you could try PostSearchHook. The current request has a
record for arrival time in seconds and microseconds. You could then
compare the current time against these timestamps and see at least how
long it took for the request to get to the Hook.

If Radiator can be considered as fast and LDAP search as slow, this can
give an idea of how long the search took.

Grep for timeInterval to see how these time stamps are used by Radiator.

For graphing timeouts, you may have to grep the log and the process the
results for data that can be graphed.

There is also the statistics from <StatsLog*>, but this may be more
useful of seeing which AuthBys were used if you have many for error
fallback purposes.

NetWare etc.