[RADIATOR] timing ldap auth

Barry Ard bard at ualberta.ca
Mon Feb 7 17:49:49 CST 2011

I would like to be graph the results (number of timeouts and length of time
to do ldap lookup) so I don't know if the log info would work very well.

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Heikki Vatiainen <hvn at open.com.au> wrote:

> On 02/07/2011 08:32 AM, Barry Ard wrote:
>
> > I would like to be track / report on the success/failure of the our
> > LDAP2 AuthBy's. I am particularly interested in catching timeouts and
> > connection failures as these requests are made to machines in a
> > different part of our organization and we have been having issues.
>
> You should already see LDAP connection related messages if you have at
> least Trace 3 enabled. For example, server side disconnects, Radiator
> initiated reconnects and successful TLS connection establishments are
> logged with LOG_INFO level (3). More serious messages cause a
> LOG_WARNING or LOG_ERR and will be logged with Trace 3 too.
>
> An example of LOG_ERR event is unsuccessful LDAP connection attempt
> during reconnect.
>
> > I was looking at using a PostSearchHook but a quick glance at
> > AuthLDAP2.pm it looks to be called after a successful auth (thus not
> > catching connection failures), is this correct? If so, what would be
> > the best way to go about this?
>
> PostSearchHook only runs if the search was successful, so this does not
> sound like what you are after.
>
> Do you think Trace 3 is not enough? It should already show many
> connection related events.
>
> --
> Heikki Vatiainen <hvn at open.com.au>

> Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory, EAP, TLS,
> TTLS, PEAP, TNC, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, MOTP, HOTP, TOTP,
> DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS,
> NetWare etc.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Barry Ard                                   barry.ard at ualberta.ca
Network Operations
Academic Information and Communication Technologies (AICT)
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta   Canada

 This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it
is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged
information.  Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended
recipient of this communication.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this communication, do not copy, distribute, or take action on it.
Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be
deleted or destroyed.