[RADIATOR] [IPv6] Issues with Framed-Interface-Id assignment

Martin Burton mvb at sanger.ac.uk
Sun Aug 21 12:23:54 CDT 2011

Hi Elias,

I notice that you don't explicitly specify the interface id as a string
on your user profile. It might be worth enclosing the interface id
within quotes within your user profile (i.e Framed-Interface-Id =
"10:1:1:1") as that might provoke your NAS to do the right thing.  Your
mileage might vary, but I've come across a few NASs that have
ill-defined or buggy dictionary logic and don't treat strings as
strings.  In one case I seem to recall having to use escapes to ensure
that the quotes appeared in the reply (e.g Some-Attr = "\"string\"").

HTH.

Cheers,

Martin