[RADIATOR] Question about IP Pool.

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Sun Aug 21 04:24:53 CDT 2011

On 08/20/2011 09:07 PM, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:

Hello Faisal,

> I am currently using Raditor configured with mysql for authenticating
> DSL Subscribers. So far we have been allocating fixed IP addresses &
> framed routes as needed for the subscribers.
>
> We have  bunch of subscribers who need to be on dynamic IP's.   There is
> a RADPOOL table, that I can add  addresses to either manually or via
> AddressPool...
>
> What I am having trouble with is on What do I need to 'define' for the
> user so that Radiator will get an IP address from the RADPOOL Table ?
> and What code if any I need to put in radius.cfg for this to happen.

Please see goodies/addressallocator.cfg in Radiator distribution package
for an example.

The idea is to run the normal authentication first followed by AuthBy
DYNADDRESS. The AuthByPolicy should be set so that DYNADDRESS is only
used if the normal authentication first succeeds.

You should probably keep your existing Handler and AuthBy as they are
and add a new Handler to match the dynaddress users. This new Handler
would have two AuthBys where the first does normal authentication
followed by the second AuthBy that does address allocation from AddressPool.

You can also have more AuthBys if needed, but the above is a simple
extension of your current setup shown below.

Best regards,
Heikki

NetWare etc.