[RADIATOR] Question about IP Pool.

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappydsl.net
Sat Aug 20 13:07:06 CDT 2011

Hello,
I am currently using Raditor configured with mysql for authenticating
DSL Subscribers. So far we have been allocating fixed IP addresses &
framed routes as needed for the subscribers.

We have  bunch of subscribers who need to be on dynamic IP's.   There is
a RADPOOL table, that I can add  addresses to either manually or via
AddressPool...

What I am having trouble with is on What do I need to 'define' for the
user so that Radiator will get an IP address from the RADPOOL Table ?
and What code if any I need to put in radius.cfg for this to happen.

Many Thanks in advance.
===========================
here is what my AuthBy looks like

<AuthBy SQL>
                 # MySQL DB, DB radius, host localhost
                 DBSource dbi:mysql:xxxxxxx
                 DBUsername xxxxxxxxx
                 DBAuth xxxxxxxxxxx

                 # Define Table and Columns for Authentication
                 AuthSelect select PASSWORD, SERVICETYPE,
FRAMEDPROTOCOL, TRAFFICSHAPE, ACL, PORTLIMIT, TIMELEFT, IPPOOL, FRAMEDI$
                         from SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME = %0
                 AuthColumnDef 0, Password, check
                 AuthColumnDef 1, GENERIC, check
                 AuthColumnDef 2, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 3, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 4, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 5, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 6, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 7, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 8, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 9, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 10, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 11, GENERIC, reply
                 AuthColumnDef 12, GENERIC, reply

                 # Define Table and Columns for Accounting
                 AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
                 AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
                 AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,formatted-date,\
                                 '%Y/%m/%e %H:%M:%S'
                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
                 AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
                 AcctColumnDef   NASIPADDRESS,NAS-IP-Address
                 AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
                 AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet&  Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, Fl 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232
Helpdesk: 305 663 5518 option 2 Email: Support at Snappydsl.net