[RADIATOR] Radiator performance problem with specific hardware

Kukas Damjan Damjan.Kukas at kapsch.net
Wed Sep 1 02:58:28 CDT 2010

Hello,

We are having problems with Radiator performance while using specific hardware and software.
The hardware we're using is:
CPU: Sun SPARC T5140 - having 2 x SunSparc 1.2Ghz CPU, each CPU having 8 cores, and each core simulates 8 virtual processors, so system has 128 virtual (logical) processors

The software we're using:
OS: Solaris 10
Radiator 4.5.1.

The performance problem appears when using more than 64 workers defined in FarmSize parameter. If we use more than 64 workers, number of requests per second drops drastically (measured values: with 64 workers- 5400 requests/second, 128 workers - 1200 requests/second). By doing some specific tests we've come to conclusion that problem
lies somewhere in simultaneous multiple read/write to socket (UDP queue) mechanism.

Has enyone encountered some simmilar problems? Where to look for solution?
Any suggestion is welcome.

Kind regards,
Damjan Kukas

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and
confidential and is for the exclusive use of the addressee. The person
who receives this message and who is not the addressee, one of his
employees or an agent entitled to hand it over to the addressee, is
informed that he may not use, disclose or reproduce the contents
thereof, and is kindly asked to notify the sender and delete the e-mail
immediately.