[RADIATOR] Cisco WLAN Controller and radiator...question

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Oct 6 15:28:22 CDT 2010

Hello -

Radiator will work fine in this environment - many of our customers use the same Cisco controllers.

You will find a great many example configuration files in the "goodies" directory of the Radiator distribution.

Note that the most recent release is Radiator 4.7 (plus patches).

Your best approach will be to set up a separate test installation of Radiator with one of the new Cisco devices to do some experiments on exactly what is required.

Once you have the test installation operating correctly, you can either merge the test configuration into the production configuration, or you can leave them as separate instances and operate the WLAN network independently.

On 7 Oct 2010, at 00:04, Cihan Subasi (Garanti Teknoloji) wrote:

>  Hello,
> We would like to use our existing Radiator Server for our new project, which involves using Cisco WLAN Controllers. In summary, we will set up a guest wireless network, where users will use web-authentication. The username/password information will be passed to Radiator from WLAN Controllers and the result will be either permit or deny. We would like to use RADIUS accounting as well, keeping detailed logs of usernames, network access times etc.
> If you have documentation and templates for this purpose, we would be happy if you could supply us with this information.
> kind regards,
>

> Cihan Subaşı
> Network Yönetimi
> Yönetici	Evren Mahallesi, Koçman Caddesi No:34 Güneşli 34212 İstanbul
> Tel	:	+90 212 478 35 35
> Direkt	:	+90 212 478 34 26
> Faks	:	+90 212 657 04 73
> <logo.gif>
>
> This message and attachments are confidential and intended solely for the individual(s) stated in this
> message. If you received this message although you are not the addressee, you are responsible to keep the
> message confidential. The sender has no responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of the
> information in the message and its attachments. Our company shall have no liability for any changes
> or late receiving, loss of integrity and confidentiality, viruses and any damages caused in
> anyway to your computer system.
>
> Bu mesaj ve ekleri, mesajda gonderildigi belirtilen kisi/kisilere ozeldir ve gizlidir. Bu mesajin muhatabi
> olmamaniza ragmen tarafiniza ulasmis olmasi halinde mesaj iceriginin gizliligi ve bu gizlilik yukumlulugune
> uyulmasi zorunlulugu tarafiniz icin de soz konusudur. Mesaj ve eklerinde yer alan bilgilerin dogrulugu ve
> guncelligi konusunda gonderenin ya da sirketimizin herhangi bir sorumlulugu bulunmamaktadir. Sirketimiz
> mesajin ve bilgilerinin size degisiklige ugrayarak veya gec ulasmasindan, butunlugunun ve gizliliginin
> korunamamasindan, virus icermesinden ve bilgisayar sisteminize verebilecegi herhangi bir zarardan
> sorumlu tutulamaz.

NB: