[RADIATOR] Any recent benchmarks for Radiator?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Oct 4 17:20:54 CDT 2010

Hello Bruno -

A server such as you describe should be able to do several thousand requests per second.

However, as you say, you will need to take into account proxy response times in the overal system design.

There were some benchmark figures posted by one of our OEM customers a year or so ago - you should be able to find them on the archive.

Does anyone else on the list have any numbers?

On 5 Oct 2010, at 03:54, Bruno Tiago Rodrigues wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> In a near future, I'll be needing to implement a RADIUS forwarding
> solution for both Authentication and Accounting. My systems
> responsibility will only be, based on the typology of the request, to
> forward it to a given remote server, get the response and send it back
> to the originating client. Nothing else.
>
> I'm assuming this will be piece of cake for my server, but I still
> need to make up numbers and estimate how many requests will I be able
> to handle without impact on the platform. I know RADIUS forwarding is
> tricky because I'm depending on the other server response time, but
> does anyone has a good estimate of how many requests can a 2010 grade
> enterprise server (Tipically 2 x Six Core Xeon 2.4Ghx 12MB L3 cache +
> 128GB memory + multiple GbE) handle?
>
> If any of you has any benchmarks, even with different hardware or
> different authentication/accounting methods (AuthByFile,
> AuthByInternal, etc), would you be kind enough to share some?
>
> Thanks in advance

NB: