[RADIATOR] Any recent benchmarks for Radiator?

Bruno Tiago Rodrigues bruno.tiago.rodrigues at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:54:51 CDT 2010

Hi everyone

In a near future, I'll be needing to implement a RADIUS forwarding
solution for both Authentication and Accounting. My systems
responsibility will only be, based on the typology of the request, to
forward it to a given remote server, get the response and send it back
to the originating client. Nothing else.

I'm assuming this will be piece of cake for my server, but I still
need to make up numbers and estimate how many requests will I be able
to handle without impact on the platform. I know RADIUS forwarding is
tricky because I'm depending on the other server response time, but
does anyone has a good estimate of how many requests can a 2010 grade
enterprise server (Tipically 2 x Six Core Xeon 2.4Ghx 12MB L3 cache +
128GB memory + multiple GbE) handle?

If any of you has any benchmarks, even with different hardware or
different authentication/accounting methods (AuthByFile,
AuthByInternal, etc), would you be kind enough to share some?

Thanks in advance