[RADIATOR] Certificate issues with intermediate certificates.

Smith, Todd Todd.Smith at camc.org
Wed Nov 24 07:54:48 CST 2010

The issue that I am having is confined so far to iOS devices connecting to our Trapeze wireless network, like iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad.  I don't have a wireless OS X device and so far no customer has reported problems with one.  I believe that the problem would exist on a OS X device since it seems to be how the Apple device interacts with the certificate.

The error message is very simple; the Apple device connects to the wireless network and during the 802.1x exchange prompts a dialog box that has the Radiator server certificate listed as Not Verified.  If you accept this certificate then sometimes it connects, other times it hangs until Radiator rejects it.

Todd Smith