[RADIATOR] LDAP authentication, IBM Lotus Domino

Pekka.Panula at sofor.fi Pekka.Panula at sofor.fi
Tue Nov 9 03:30:19 CST 2010

Hi

Thanks for help, i here have a working config for basic username/password
checking from IBM Lotus Domino's LDAP.
I did have problem with default entry, because i dont have it, so Radiator
did thousands of queries to LDAP, but NoDefault parameter helped there.

For reference, here is my config (parts of it):
<AuthBy LDAP2>
                NoDefault
                Identifier DominoLDAP
                Host 1.2.3.4

                # You need AuthDN with Domino because anonymous cant get
all LDAP attributes
                # without authentication. Make a person doc in names.nsf
                AuthDN          CN=ldaplogin,O=Sofor
                AuthPassword    password

                # Depends on your Domino config, we have <username>/Sofor,
so:
                BaseDN          O=Sofor

                # The SearchFilter parameter controls which records will
                # be searched for matching users. %0 is replaced by
                # UsernameAttr and %1 by the user name to be found
                # SearchFilter (%0=%1)
                # This works with Domino, maybe also cn=%U could work
(needs testing)
                SearchFilter (uid=%U)

                # This is the LDAP attribute to match the radius user name
                # (used as %0 in SearchFilter)
                # not used atm, own SearchFilter (see up)
                 UsernameAttr    cn
#                UsernameAttr    uid

                # User password is encrypted with dominos own algorithm, u
need this:
                ServerChecksPassword

                # AFAIK this works with Domino's LDAP task
                HoldServerConnection

                Version 3

</AuthBy>

<Handler Realm=sofor>
         # Strip realm from username
        RewriteUsername      s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
        # do the auth
        AuthBy DominoLDAP
</Handler>

Terveisin/Regards,
   Pekka Panula, Sofor Oy - Jatkuvat palvelut