[RADIATOR] Presenting two server certificates during a EAP-TLS session. Is that possible at all.

Anders Nilsson anders.nilsson at umdac.umu.se
Mon May 24 00:05:13 CDT 2010

Hi,

During a meeting with my colleagues a discussion began whether it’s at
possible to present two server certificates with different CA:s at the same
time.

For several practical reasons we are more or less forced to change the
rootCA and therefore we are facing a situation where all the users have to
reconfigure their wireless supplicant setting at a specific time.

Therefore it would seem very practical if there was a possibility to use
both server certificates at the same time.

To my knowledge it is not possible to do this but if someone could prove me
wrong I would be very happy.  ;)

So my questing really boils down to if the following is possible to work?

<Handler Realm=/^(UMU\.SE)$/i, EAP-Message=/.+/>

        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileReject

            <AuthBy LDAP2)

            EAPTLS_CertificateFile %D/OneServerCert

            </AuthBy>

            <AuthBy LDAP2>

.

.

            EAPTLS_CertificateFile %D/AnotherServerCert

                      </AuthBy>

Of course if there’s another way to do this which I’ve overlooked I’d be
very happy if someone could help me.

Cheers

Anders Nilsson

Network consultant