[RADIATOR] RSAAM 7.1 using ACE

Steve K. kovets at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 18:14:03 CDT 2010

Good Day,
I am trying to get Radiator to authenticate against RSA AM 7.1 using the ACE authentication module. I have never used PERL before so this is all quite foreign to me.

I did install Radiator (on a Windows 2003 server) and was able to use radpwtest to confirm that basic authentication worked (using the radius.cfg  file).

However, this is where I am stuck.

How do I run radius using the ace.cfg file - i tried
perl c:\perl\bin\radiusd - config_file ace.cfg

but get this error:

Could not read config file 'ace.cfg': No such file or directory at (eval 8) line
 176, <_> line 575.
        ...caught at c:\perl\bin\radiusd line 2, <_> line 575.

I then tried copying ace.cfg into C:\Program Files\Radiator and changed the filename to radius.cfg.

Now when i run
perl c:\perl\bin\radiusd
I get the following error:

The application has failed to start because ACECLNT.dll was not found.

I am lost at this point.

Also, how do i get the web-based GUI to load?

Thank you very much in advance.

Steve