[RADIATOR] Radiator protocol description - response to Access-Challenge

Jan.Schober at sybase.com Jan.Schober at sybase.com
Tue Mar 23 09:43:44 CDT 2010

HI,

I'm currently working on a custom Authentication Modul using the RADIUS
protocol. Our customer is running your Radiator service to authenticate
against their internal ACE-server.

Basic authentication against the Radiator works fine, I can send
Access-Request messages and handle the response, whether it is Accept,
Reject or Challenge.

My question targets the reponse to an Access-Challenge message.

How are the Access-Challenge and the Access-Request message linked
together?
On the protocol-level, how do I have to build the Access-Request-massage
holding the response to an Access-Challenge-message?
Could you send me some details/examples, which attributes have to be
filled in which way?  ClientIdentifier? Any special Attributes? ...?

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards,

Jan Schober

Jan Schober | Consultant | Sybase iAnywhere
Sybase GmbH, Schwarzwaldstrasse 99, 71083 Herrenberg | Tel: +49 (0) 7032 -
798 219 | Mobile: +49 (0) 176 - 2160 1142 | Fax: +49 (0) 7032 - 798 500 |
jan.schober at sybase.com | www.sybase.com |

Sybase GmbH, Prinzenallee 13, 40549 Düsseldorf
Geschäftsführer: Theo Ruland, Jeffrey G. Ross
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HR 24286

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich und nur für den bezeichneten
Adressaten bestimmt.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich
erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind
nicht gestattet.
The information contained in this email is confidential and intended only
for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error) please notify the
sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.