[RADIATOR] LDAPS Certificate questions with AuthBy LDAP2

Mark Bassett mbassett at intelius.com
Mon Jul 19 18:08:18 CDT 2010

I'm already looking at that section, but it doesn't say what the cert
should be.  This is the only relevant section and does not answer my
question.

What is the SSLCAClientCert?  Is it supposed to be the same certificate
as what is on the ldap server?  I have tried creating a self signed cert
and placing it in the config, but the connection always errors with no
detail other than

Mon Jul 19 15:51:50 2010: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthLDAP2:
CheckAD
Mon Jul 19 15:51:50 2010: INFO: Connecting to blablabla.com:636
Mon Jul 19 15:51:50 2010: ERR: Could not open LDAP connection to
blablabla.com:636. Backing off for 600 seconds.
Mon Jul 19 15:51:50 2010: DEBUG: AuthBy LDAP2 result: IGNORE, User
database access error

---From ref.pdf---

For AuthBy LDAP2, you also need to specify some additional parameters
describing
the location of certificate and private key files.
# LDAP2: Enable SSL and tell it where to find certificates
UseSSL
# Name of the client certificate file:
SSLCAClientCert /path/to/client/certificate.pem
# Name of the file containing the client private key
SSLCAClientKey /path/to/client/keyfile.pem
# only need to set one of the following
#SSLCAPath /path/to/CA/cert/dir
SSLCAFile /path/to/file/containing/certificate/of/CA.pem
Hint: You only need to set one of SSLCAFile or SSLCAPath, not both.
Hint: All LDAP2 certificates are required to be in PEM format.