[RADIATOR] Trying to use Radiator With Active Directory (PEAP)

Nuno Gonçalves nuno at fccn.pt
Thu Jan 7 05:50:51 CST 2010

Hi all,

I'm using a radiator version 3.15 authenticating users through 802.1x
with TTLS against a Microsoft Active Directory successfully.
I'm trying to configure the same radiator to authenticate users through
802.1x with PEAP with certificate against the same Microsoft Active
Directory.
The problem I am facing is radiator can't authenticate users because the
password is encrypted in MS AD.
Did anyone accomplished a similar setup ?

The problem seems that laptop clients already encrypt the user password
and when it arrives at radiator it  makes another hash  which makes  the
authentication unsuccessfully because it arrives to AD double encryped
(by the client and by radiator).
Thanks for your help

--

_______________________________________

Nuno Gonçalves

FCCN

Av. do Brasil, n.º 101 - Lisboa

Tel.: +351218440100 - Fax: +351218472167

http://www.fccn.pt

Aviso de Confidencialidade/Disclaimer

Esta mensagem é exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatário, podendo
conter informação CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgação está expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteúdo de
imediato. This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. It may
contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this message has
been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by telephone +351
218440100 and delete it immediately.