[RADIATOR] Forwarding Radius Accounting Records to Multiple Authby statements.

Simon Dixon devmug at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:32:58 CST 2010

Guys I have a interesting issue, that I am having issues resolving,  I'm
pretty sure I am missing something but not sure what.

Some brief history to start with.   We are an ISP migrating to a
new accounting package,  this accounting package has a in built radius
server, and as we provide tails to other companies we are going to keep
Radiator as our primary Radius server that our NAS's talk directly to, so
based on realm it can hand off the requests to other radius servers
or authenticate them it's self.   For our primary realms we are moving
the authentication to this new accounting package, so radiator will be
proxying this traffic.  Due to some other complications we are doing
a staged migration, and have a sql field in our existing Authby statement
saying if it should auth the user or reject them, based on it being 0 or 1,
if 1 then the request flows through to the new accounting package via a
radius proxy authby.

The issue I am having is the accounting records do not flow through, so the
new accounting package does not see the start/alive/stop records which it
requires.

We are running Radiator 4.3.1 blow is the relevant bits of the config.  Can
anybody point me in the right direction.

thanks in advance.

Simon.

------

<AuthBy SQL>
        Identifier      AuthDB
        DBSource        dbi:mysql:authdb:localhost:3306
        DBUsername      username
        DBAuth          passsword
        AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check
        AuthColumnDef 1, Service-Type, reply
        AuthColumnDef 2, Framed-Protocol, reply
        AuthColumnDef 3, Framed-MTU, reply
        AuthColumnDef 4, Framed-IP-Address, reply
        AuthColumnDef 5, Framed-IP-Netmask,reply
        AuthColumnDef 6, Framed-Route,reply
        AuthColumnDef 7, Framed-Route,reply
        AuthColumnDef 8, Filter-Id,reply
        AuthColumnDef 9, Filter-Id,reply
        AuthColumnDef 10, cisco-avpair, reply
        AuthColumnDef 11, cisco-avpair, reply
        AuthColumnDef 12, cisco-avpair, reply
        AuthColumnDef 13, cisco-avpair, reply
        AuthSelect select PASSWORD, SERVICE_TYPE, FRAMED_PROTOCOL,
FRAMED_MTU, IP_ADDRESS, NETMASK, FRAMED_ROUTE, FRAMED_ROUTE2, FILTERIN,
FILTEROUT, AVPAIR1, AVPAIR2, AVPAIR3, AVPAIR4 from adslusers where '%n' LIKE
CONCAT(USERNAME,'@%') and NEWACCT='0'
        NoDefault
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy SQL>
        Identifier SQLAcct
        DBAuth password
        DBSource dbi:mysql:SQLaccounting:localhost:3306
        DBUsername username
        AuthSelect
        AccountingTable freeway_acct
        AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
        AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
        AcctColumnDef   ACCTAUTHENTIC,Acct-Authentic
        AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
        AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-IP-Address
        AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
        AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
        AcctColumnDef   CALLERID,Calling-Station-Id
        AcctColumnDef   CALLEDSTATIONID,Called-Station-Id
        AcctColumnDef   TUNNELSEREND,Tunnel-Server-Endpoint
        AcctColumnDef   TUNNELCLIEND,Tunnel-Client-Endpoint
        AcctColumnDef   TUNNELTYPE,Tunnel-Type
        AcctColumnDef   TUNNELSERAUTH,Tunnel-Server-Auth-ID
        AcctColumnDef   TUNNELID,Tunnel-ID
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy GROUP>
        Identifier AuthDB