[RADIATOR] Timeout setting for Authby GROUP ?

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sun Feb 21 05:55:09 CST 2010

Hi Hugh,

    I use Authby PAM with pam_krb5 to authenticate against AD.   There are
cases where finding the servers is delayed (e.g. DNS problem or AD is
unavailable.).  As I have more than one AD domain I have to check each
seperatly (usernames are guarantueed to be unique over the domains)

 <AuthBy GROUP>
         Identifier MyAuthentication
         AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
         AuthBy PAM_domain1
         AuthBy PAM_domain2
         AuthBy ...
 </AuthBy>

The overall time shouldn't be over 10 sec. So if the first domain has a
problem all users have a problem. Unfortunately I can not use a REALM to
differentiate the user and use seperate AuthBy groups.

I haven't tried AuthBy Krb5 yet, but I think PAM and Krb5 do not have a
timeout option.

Regards
Markus