[RADIATOR] Accessing Timestamp in Postauthhook during Access-Request

Christopher Bland chris at fdu.edu
Fri Feb 19 15:41:44 CST 2010

Hugh,

Heikki nailed on the head I switched to %l which is what we use in our
other authlog clauses and it worked just fine.  I was thinking something
else had to be done in a postauthhook.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help.

-Chris

Hugh Irvine wrote:
> Hello Heikki, Hello Chris -
>
> Heikki is correct - the "Timestamp" is only available in accounting requests.
>
> This is because accounting requests can contain an "Acct-Delay-Time" in case of retransmissions, and Radiator automatically corrects the Timestamp to the time the event occured - ie. current time minus Acct-Delay-Time. There is no equivalent for access requests because you aren't doing billing on access requests.
>
> This is why my response also suggested looking at the other special characters in section 5.2 of the manual ("doc/ref.pdf").
>
> regards
>
> Hugh
>

> On 20 Feb 2010, at 06:47, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
>

>> On 02/19/2010 08:58 PM, Chris Bland wrote:
>>

>>> Still now sure what's not working.  I tried you solution in a file by
>>> itself and this is what showed up in the logs
>>>
>> I am not Hugh, but took look at this too :)
>>

>>> Fri Feb 19 11:37:25 2010: DEBUG: AuthBy LDAP2 result: ACCEPT,
>>> Fri Feb 19 11:37:25 2010: DEBUG: Timestamp is
>>> Fri Feb 19 11:37:25 2010: DEBUG: Access accepted for chris at fdu.edu
>>>
>>> I forgot to mention in my original post that I am able to get the
>>> Timestamp during other requests just not in the Access-Request.
>>>
>> I think Timestamp is only available in Accounting-Request packets.
>>
>> If you check the manual for version 4.5.1, section 5.29.16
>> "AcctColumnDef", there is discussion about the Timestamp attribute and
>> how it is added by Radiator to received Accounting-Requests.
>>
>> The log snippet you included shows that the attribute is not in
>> Access-Request and since it is not added by Radiator, I think that
>> explains why you can not see it.
>>
>> If the need is only to log the timestamp of request arrival, maybe %B or
>> the other time related specifiers would do. For example, %B does not
>> depend on the request contents, but is the result of strftime(time()) call.
>>
>> --
>> Heikki Vatiainen, Arch Red Oy
>> +358 44 087 6547
>>

> NB:
>
> Have you read the reference manual ("doc/ref.html")?
> Have you had a quick look on Google (www.google.com)?
> Have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets),

fdu logo
Christopher Bland
Systems Manager
Information Systems and Technology
*1000 River Road, Teaneck NJ 07666*
Mail Stop: T-BH1-01
phone: 201-692-2414 | fax: 201-692-2494 | email: chris at fdu.edu
<mailto:chris at fdu.edu>
"Fairleigh Dickinson University will never
                                 ask for your password. Please do not
share it with others!"