[RADIATOR] AuthBy LDAP2 failover with round-robin DNS?

Garry Peirce peirce at maine.edu
Mon Dec 20 10:04:48 CST 2010

Seeing this thread, I was reminded that I had once submitted a desired patch, but not sure it was ever implemented (?).
http://www.open.com.au/pipermail/radiator/2007-June/014065.html

It was to resolve my issue with Clients (routers) with multiple A records and the fact that Client's addresses were resolved once at Radiator start-up and used only the first address returned by DNS.

My clients are routers and therefore may have a number of addresses which might be valid.
By sending the FQDN from the client as the NAS_ID, I modified Client::find to make use of it.
I can then define clients by FQDN, not by IP address.
This has worked well, but I have to remember to modify this module when upgrading.
Reading that this behavior may still exist, might this patch to be added to the source?