[RADIATOR] Unknown reply from localhost

Arthur Konovalov kasjas at hot.ee
Tue Aug 24 00:26:19 CDT 2010

I have a set of Radiator with frontend and backends on the same server.
Sometimes I see warnings in the logfile like that:

Mon Aug 23 21:51:20 2010: WARNING: Unknown reply received in AuthRADIUS
for request 138 from 127.0.0.1:1650

What reasons it can be for this? Overload? Is it possible to avoid it or
trace reason?
I have quite big traffic and if enable trace level 4 huge file will be
generated.

My simplified config.
Frontend:

LogStdout
LogDir  /var/log/radiator
DbDir   /etc/radiator/raddb
LogFile %L/logfile-fe-%Y%m
#LogMicroseconds
Trace           3
SocketQueueLength 524288000

AuthPort
AcctPort 1813

DictionaryFile
%D/dictionary,%D/dictionary.sip,%D/dictionary-tsp,%D/dictionary-3gpp,%D/dictionary-414-acme,%D/dictionary-broadsoft,%D/dictionary-ericsson

<Client 192.168.44.70>
    Secret xxxx
    DupInterval 5
    Identifier AcmeTest
</Client>

<Client 192.168.87.150>
    Secret xxxx
    DupInterval 5
    Identifier Mgc
</Client>

<Client 192.168.87.151>
    Secret xxxx
    DupInterval 5
    Identifier Mgc
</Client>

DiameterDictionaryFile %D/diameter_attrs.dat

<ServerDIAMETER>
        OriginHost mm.emm.hot.ee
        OriginRealm emm.hot.ee
        MaxBufferSize 1000000
        SupportedVendorIds      DictVendors
</ServerDIAMETER>

<Realm DEFAULT>
    <AuthBy ROUNDROBIN>
        FailureBackoffTime 60
        Secret xxxxx
        RetryTimeout 6
        Retries 1

        <Host localhost>
            AcctPort 1648
        </Host>
<cid:part1.08010709.01000506 at hot.ee>        <Host localhost>
            AcctPort 1650
        </Host>

        <Host localhost>
            AcctPort 1652
        </Host>
    </AuthBy>
</Realm>

One of backends:

LogStdout
LogDir    /var/log/radiator
DbDir    /etc/radiator/raddb
LogFile    %L/logfile-be1-%Y%m
LogMicroseconds
Trace         3
SocketQueueLength 524288000
AuthPort
AcctPort 1648
DictionaryFile
%D/dictionary,%D/dictionary.sip,%D/dictionary-tsp,%D/dictionary-3gpp,%D/dictionary-414-acme,%D/dictionary-broadsoft,%D/dictionary-ericsson

<Client localhost>
    Secret xxxxx
    DupInterval 0
    Identifier FE
</Client>

<Handler NAS-Identifier=scscf.emm.hot.ee>
    PreProcessingHook    file:"%D/sdp_attr"
    RewriteUsername     s/^sip://
    AuthByPolicy    ContinueWhileIgnore

    <AuthBy INTERNAL>
    RequestHook    file:"%D/cause403.pl"
    AddToReply    AuthBy SQL
    </AuthBy>

    <AuthBy SQL>
    DBSource    dbi:mysql:emm:mmm_writer
    DBUsername    emmadmin
    DBAuth        xxxxx
    AuthSelect
    AccountingTable    emmacctims
    AcctFailedLogFileName %L/missed-ims-be1-%Y%m%d-%H
    DateFormat %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
    AcctColumnDef    SessionID,Acct-Session-Id
    AcctColumnDef    UserName,User-Name
    AcctColumnDef    TimeStamp,Timestamp,integer-date
    AcctColumnDef    AcctRecordType,Acct-Status-Type,integer
    AcctColumnDef    OriginHost,NAS-Identifier
    AcctColumnDef   EventTimestamp,
from_unixtime(%{Event-Timestamp}-2208988800), literal
    AcctColumnDef    SIPMethod,SIP-Method
    AcctColumnDef    Event,Event
    Timeout 60
    FailureBackoffTime 60
    </AuthBy>
</Handler>

<Handler NAS-Identifier=/^192\.168\.87\.15[0-1]/>
    PreProcessingHook    file:"%D/ncr"

    <AuthBy SQL>
    AuthSelect
    DBSource    dbi:mysql:emm:mmm_writer
    DBUsername    emmadmin
    DBAuth        xxxxx
    AccountingTable    mgccdr
    AcctFailedLogFileName %L/missed-mgc-be1-%Y%m%d-%H
    DateFormat %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
        AcctColumnDef    NASIdentifier,NAS-Identifier
        AcctColumnDef    CallingStationId,Calling-Station-Id
        AcctColumnDef    CalledStationId,Called-Station-Id
        AcctColumnDef    AcctStatusType,Acct-Status-Type
        AcctColumnDef    AcctSessionId,Acct-Session-Id
        AcctColumnDef    AcctSessionTime,Acct-Session-Time,integer
        AcctColumnDef    AcctDelayTime,Acct-Delay-Time, integer
        AcctColumnDef
 AccTimeForStartOfCharging,Acc-Time-For-Start-Of-Charging,integer-date,%Y-%m-%d
%H:%M:%S
        AcctColumnDef    Timestamp,Timestamp,integer-date,%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S

    Timeout 60
    FailureBackoffTime 60
    </AuthBy>
</Handler>