[RADIATOR] evaluating radiator: mixing backends in 1 handler + multiple realms

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Apr 23 06:00:57 CDT 2010

Hello Ronald -

First question:

<Handler Request-Type = Access-Request, Realm = /domain1.com|domain2.com|domain3.com/i>
</Handler>

second question:

<AuthBy GROUP>

	Identifier Auth_AD_SQL

	AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept

	<AuthBy NTLM>

       		Identifier Auth_AD

               NtlmAuthProg /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=ntlm-server-1
               DefaultDomain CONTOSO.LOCAL
               UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm

	</AuthBy>

	<AuthBy SQL>

hope that helps

On 23 Apr 2010, at 19:37, ronald higgins wrote:

> Greetings fellow radiator users,
>
> I'm hoping the veterans amongst might be able to assist with 2 queries
> regarding radiator.
>
> First question is relatively simple.
>
> Can I match mutiple realms within a handler instead of having a
> handler per realm like below?
>
> <Handler Request-Type=Access-Request,Realm=/domain1.com/i>
> </Handler>
>
> <Handler Request-Type=Access-Request,Realm=/domain2.com/i>
> </Handler>
>
> <Handler Request-Type=Access-Request,Realm=/domain3.com/i>
> </Handler>
>
> Second question is of more importance for me though.
>
> One of the requirements for one of the realms is authenticating off
> Active Directory,
> this portion is working fine using NTLM. However, my requirement is
> that the Authentication
> portion happens out of Active Directory but the reply attributes be
> served out of MySQL.
> As such, the users in Active Directory are also in a MySQL DB where
> the actual profile lives.
> Is there a mechanic to perform a mysql reply attribute lookup after
> the ntlm_auth?
>
> <AuthBy NTLM>
>
>        Identifier Auth_AD
>
>                NtlmAuthProg /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=ntlm-server-1
>                DefaultDomain CONTOSO.LOCAL
>                UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm
>
> </AuthBy>
>
> Best Regards