[RADIATOR] Slow Response to the NAS Clients

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Mar 26 04:17:30 CST 2009

Hello Marvin -

There is a shared secret defined in the Radiator configuration file
for each NAS client device.

One or more of the client devices has the shared secret incorrectly
specified.

The shared secret in the NAS device and the corresponding
<Client ....> clause in the Radiator configuration file must match
exactly.

On 26 Mar 2009, at 13:59, M P wrote:

> Hello Martin,
>
> > Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:37:02 +0000
> > From: mvb at sanger.ac.uk
> > To: radiator at open.com.au
> > Subject: Re: [RADIATOR] Slow Response to the NAS Clients
> >
> > In my experience "Bad Authenticator" messages are normally down to a
> > mismatch in the shared secret for the NAS. Might be worth checking
> that
> > you don't have a typo in the shared secret on either side.
>
> In which side you mean?
>
> I have noticed that if the Accounting-Request starts with the
> following lines:
>
> ---
> Code: ? ? ? Accounting-Request
> Identifier: 77
> Authentic: ?<0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0><0>
> ---
>
> The Accounting-Response will have similar to the following lines:
>
> ---
> Code: ? ? ? Accounting-Response
> Identifier: 77
> Authentic: ?<143><225>a<217><9><142>W<133><15><173><167>&.;<252><174>
> Attributes:
>
> Wed Mar 25 10:18:23 2009: WARNING: Bad authenticator received in
> reply to ID 77
> ---
>
> But if the Authentic line is other than <0> on the Accounting-
> Request then the Accounting-Response does not have a bad
> authenticator warning message.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out

NB: