[RADIATOR] Performance Benchmarks.

Jim Tyrrell Jim.Tyrrell at kcom.com
Fri Jun 19 07:36:57 CDT 2009

Hi,

Are there some examples of setups and performance figures anywhere?  I
found http://www.open.com.au/radiator/examples.html but that looks
rather out of date.

I have been doing some testing against our Radiator servers and I'm
getting 220 auth/sec for authentication against LDAP and 800auth/sec
when using 'AuthBy TEST' to see what the maximum it can do.  How do
these figures compare?  When querying LDAP the LDAP server doesn't go
over %10, and when using 'AuthBy TEST' the radius server reports %49 but
I think that's because its dual processor and only using one of them.

We have a 3 LNS which have approx 40,000 subs each (but can scale to
256,000) so the Radius platform needs to be quite capable when those
reload.

Thanks.

Jim.