[RADIATOR] Formatting character for next hop servers when proxying

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at archred.com
Sat Jul 25 15:48:00 CDT 2009

Hugh Irvine wrote:
> This is not currently supported.

Thanks for confirming this. Now for the plan B :)

In case someone finds this useful, here is how I did it with a hook and
custom dictionary:

Configuration file:
-------------------
<AuthBy SQLRADIUS>
  ReplyHook sub { ${$_[1]}->add_attr('ArchRed-RemoteRadiusIP', \
        Radius::Util::inet_ntop(${$_[0]}->{RecvFromAddress})); }
</AuthBy>

<Client whatever>
  # Do not let VSAs exit this server
  StripFromReply ArchRed-RemoteRadiusIP
</Client>

Vendor specific attribute (VSA)
-------------------------------
The attribute is in /etc/radiator/dictionary.archred and is simply:
VENDOR          ArchRed 30570
VENDORATTR      30570   ArchRed-RemoteRadiusIP          4 string

This is loaded in the configuration file using "DictionaryFile" global
parameter.

Using with AuthLog
<AuthLog FILE>
  SuccessFormat stuff...{Reply:ArchRed-RemoteRadiusIP}...more stuff
<AuthLog>

IPv4 addresses are logged in the normal dotted decimal format, and IPv6
address are prefixed with ipv6: