[RADIATOR] Stop,Start, alive acct messages forwarding

Francesco Toro XB francesco.xb.toro at ericsson.com
Tue Jan 27 03:19:38 CST 2009

Hi All,

I'm evaluating Radiator for my company.
I read the Reference manual, but I didn't find a response to my
question.
I want to add an <AuthBy RADIUS> clause in which Ignore the
Authentication messages and forward only Start, Stop and Alive
accounting messages to a target Server.
Moreover I don't want to take any decision if ACCEPT or IGNORE these
messages, others AuthBy clause must do this work. My clause shall be
linked using an identifier, in every Realm or Handler included into the
Radiator configuration files.

Until now i wrote somethig like that:
 <AuthBy RADIUS>
 Identifier myidentifier
  <Host myhost.com>
   # secret for host
   Secret francesco
   AcctPort 1002
   Retries 3
   RetryTimeout 10
  </Host>
  # Just Ignore Authentication-Requests
  IgnoreAuthentication
  IgnoreAccountingResponse
  # Only forward Accounting Start, Alive and Stop requests,
  # ack all other accounting without forwarding
  # HandleAcctStatusTypes Start,Stop,Alive

I can't use "HandleAcctStatusTypes Start,Stop,Alive" as filter becouse
it generate an automatic ACCEPT for all the others acct messages.
I'd like to insert this AuthBy clause like below into any Realm or
handler:

<Realm DEFAULT>

 AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileIgnore
 # This authenticates through the AuthBy defined for LIIMS
 AuthBy myidentifier

 <AuthBy FILE>
		Filename %D/users
 </AuthBy>
 # Log accounting to a detail file
 AcctLogFileName	%L/detail

</Realm>

Is there the possibility to filter the forwarded messages and to not
automatically ACCEPT the others?

Thank you for you attention.

Francesco Toro