[RADIATOR] Radiator MultiThreading and Oracle Connection

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Jan 15 15:01:07 CST 2009

Hello Hrair -

A single instance of Radiator is single threaded and each request is
processed sequentially.

It is generally preferable to design high-capacity installations with
multiple Radiator instances on multiple Radiator hosts with some form
of load-balancing.

We are available on a contract basis for the design and installation
of such systems and we have successfully undertaken these sorts of
jobs for many organisations around the world.

It is also good design practice to run one Radiator process for
authentication and another for accounting.

On 15 Jan 2009, at 21:33, Hrair Karaboyadjian wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to know if Radiator v 3.9 or 4.3 is multithreaded or not?
> Plus I would like to know how the queries are executed if I have 200
> simultaneous authentication at the same time; note that we are using
> the built-in reconnect method of Radiator in order to open
> connection, that will check if there is any open connection not to
> open a second one.
> Will it be more efficient to have several number of connections
> opened between Radiator and Oracle in case the queries are executed
> in sequential mode, one after each other?
>
> Thank you
> Hrair Karaboyadjian
> Software Engineer - Project Manager
>
> PS: A delay in the response for over two hours could generate in a
> delay of delivery or response of DC Soft by over a day.
>
> DC Soft SAL
> Berytech Building
> Damascus Road - Sodeco
> P.O.Box 11-337
> Beirut - Lebanon
> Tel: 961 1 612500 ext 4001
> Fax: 961 1 612500 ext 4002
> hrair at dcsoftintl.com
> www.dcsoftintl.com
>
> DC Soft SAL Registered in Lebanon
> Confidential: This communication is intended to be received only by
> the individual or entity to whom or to which it is
> addressed and contains information which may be privileged and is
> confidential and subject to copyright.
> Any unauthorized use, copying, review or disclosure of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this communication in error please delete the message and notify the
> sender by reply email.
> DC Soft SAL thank you for your assistance and co-operation on this
> matter

NB: