[RADIATOR] Adding Class Attribute to access response

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Feb 17 03:47:38 CST 2009

Hello Ray-Andrew -

Radiator is a RADIUS server, which can be configured to authenticate
RADIUS access requests from RADIUS client devices (NAS) and reply with
either an access accept or an access reject.

In the case of an access accept, Radiator can also be configured to
return RADIUS reply attributes, including the Class attribute.

When returned in an access accept, the client device should include
the Class attribute in all subsequent accounting requests for the
session.

In your case, the Class attribute should be added to the access accept
in the AuthBy clause that is processing the request.

Something like this:

# Realm or Handler

<Handler ...>

	<AuthBy ...>
		AddToReply Class = .....
	</AuthBy>

</Handler>

You should read the RFC for more information: "doc/rfc2865.txt".

hope that helps

On 17 Feb 2009, at 19:28, Ray-Andrew Reynolds wrote:

> All, I am fairly new to radiator, I am currently trying to add the
> Class
> AVP to an access request  going back to our NAS server from my
> radiator
> client.
>
> Thus far I have been unable to do so, is there anyone who can assist ?
>

> This is what I have for the access request hook:
>

> <Client                 DEFAULT>
> Identifier              xxxxx
> Secret                  xxxxxx
> IgnoreAcctSignature     on
>
> AllowInReply            Class, \
>                        Service-Type,           \
>                        Framed-Protocol,        \
>                        Framed-IP-Address, \
>                        User-Name
>
> DupInterval             0
> </Client>
>

> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or
> privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
> other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
> information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
> is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
> sender and delete the material from any computer.

NB: