[RADIATOR] issue with IPv6 clients via FQDN

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at archred.com
Wed Aug 26 04:07:15 CDT 2009

Alan Buxey wrote:

> the addresses were all faked for the post - the IPv4 and IPv6 are both real
> global addresses published in DNS

Ok, I believe I have an idea what is happening. This interests me too,
since we also work with IPv6. I took a look at the code to see how the
address resolving works.

As far as I can tell, DNS names for Clients are resolved with inet_aton.
This is an IPv4-only function, so this is the reason I believe the
Client will only be recognized with its IPv4 address. The knowledge
about its IPv6 address never gets configured for the newly instantiated
Client.

--
Heikki Vatiainen, Arch Red Oy
+358 44 087 6547