[RADIATOR] Updating Address Expiry Timestamp with Interim Accounting

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Apr 2 03:33:43 CST 2009

Hello Gareth -

I suggest you add some processing to your interim accounting Handler
to extend the lease.

Ie. something like this:

<Handler Acct-Status-Type = Alive>
	# process interim accounting
	# extend address leases if required
</Handler>

<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>
	# process other accounting
</Handler>

<Handler>
	# process authentication
</Handler>

hope that helps

On 2 Apr 2009, at 19:09, Gareth Le Cornu wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to lease addresses to DSL subscribers, with a lease
> period of
> 3 x the interim accounting sent from the BRAS.  However, it seems
> that by
> default, Radiator does not update the lease expiry of the user's
> address
> when it receives interim accounting from the BRAS.  This means that
> if the
> BRAS does not send a stop record before the lease expires, the address
> state changes to free and someone else is allocated the address
> whilst it
> is still in use.
>
> Please could you tell me the best way of achieving a lease that does
> not
> expire whilst interim accounting is still being received?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gareth Le Cornu
>

> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may
> also be
> legally privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s)
> and
> access to it by any person other than the intended recipient(s) is
> unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail,
> please
> do not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on
> the
> information contained in it. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.
> Please
> notify the sender immediately if you have received this e-mail in
> error and
> delete it from your system. As it has been sent over a public
> network, the
> accuracy or completeness of this e-mail cannot be guaranteed.

NB: