(RADIATOR) FW: fall back databases

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri May 23 17:39:52 CDT 2008

Hello David -

You use the same method for AuthLog SQL as for AuthBy SQL - you
specify multiple DBSource, DBUsername and DBAuth lines, one for each
target.

You can also alter the timeout and failure backoff time using the
Timeout and FailureBackoffTime parameters.

See sections 5.29, 5.29.4 and 5.29.5 in the Radiator 4.2 reference
manual ("doc/ref.pdf").

On 23 May 2008, at 20:09, David Craigon wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are using AuthLog SQL, but we'd like to do fall back databases-
> so if
> one database goes away, I can use another database server. Is this
> possible? There is a AuthBy SQL example in the docs. We've had
> problems
> where if our AuthLog database server becomes unavailable, the whole
> server grinds to a halt.
>
> Can I just say many thanks for all your previous help to my messages.
> Thanks to you I have solved all my problems!*
>
> David
>
> * I have very trivial problems.

NB:

radiator)?