(RADIATOR) ldap <AuthBy ROUNDROBIN>,

Peter Havekes p.havekes at avans.nl
Tue May 13 07:38:53 CDT 2008

LS,

At the moment I use Authby group to address multiple LDAP servers. In this setup the second ldap server will only get used if the first ldap server is not responding or rejects the request. I would like to load-balance all the requests amongst all available ldap-servers, like  <AuthBy ROUNDROBIN> does for radius-hosts. Is this possible?

My config looks like this:

<Handler xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        <AuthBy GROUP>
        RewriteUsername s/-//g
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
                AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept
                <AuthBy LDAP2>
                        NoDefault
                        Host xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Port 389
                        BaseDN ou=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        UsernameAttr cn
                        ServerChecksPassword
                        Timeout 5
                </AuthBy>
                <AuthBy LDAP2>
                        NoDefault
                        Host xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Port 389
                        BaseDN ou=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        UsernameAttr cn
                        ServerChecksPassword
                        Timeout 5
                </AuthBy>
                <AuthBy LDAP2>
                        NoDefault
                        Host xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Port 389
                        BaseDN ou=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        UsernameAttr cn
                        ServerChecksPassword
                        Timeout 5
</Handler>

--

Peter Havekes
DIF-ICT
email/msn p.havekes at avans.nl

Op deze e-mail zijn de volgende voorwaarden van toepassing:
The following conditions apply to this e-mail:
http://emaildisclaimer.avans.nl

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au