(RADIATOR) password modification via radiator

Michael Shoemaker shoemake at america.net
Fri May 2 08:03:55 CDT 2008

Howdie Hugh,
Yea, that is the methodology that I am planning on using. It is the password
rewrite that I am unsure of.  The "current" password is input by the user
when they connect, the "different" password would be one that we would assign
to all users in the auth db. I just want the ability to rewrite the password
sent to the auth server to be the "different" one if they do not auth
correctly with the password they are personally entering.

Once they have authed with the "different" password, we will be changing that
password to the "current" password that they entered to begin with.

The sequence would be:
user connects, using their "current" password.
radiator sends current login/pw and it fails
secondary auth attempt using the "different" password.
radiator sends current login and different password and it auths, user gets
connected, and they think they connected with their "current" password. We
then update the db with the "current" password. Said update however, will not
be done by radiator, we have something else in place for that.

I hope I am making sense :)

Michael

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au