(RADIATOR) installing Win32::Daemon

Bonno Bloksma b.bloksma at tio.nl
Fri Mar 14 04:04:03 CST 2008

Hi Joe,

I don't think I'll do that. That's a bit like:

We've got his great new software but it does not like the new Windows versions. Don't use the latest (Vista), we don't support the previous version (XP). Please go back to the unsupported version (Win2k) and take all bugs and security issues for granted. Because....

We've got this great new software (Radiator 4.2) but it needs supporting software.
The supporting software (ActivePerl) has a new version (5.10.0) that's seems a bit to new and produces a few glitches. But a slightly older and still supported version (5.8.882) seems ok, so use that.
Oh, and if you want to have the software running without having to log in on the server..... there is this great tool with we recomend. However, it only supports an even older, no longer supported, version of the supporting software, but's thats ok, who ever heard of bugs or security holes. :-(

No thank you.
So I'll install Perl 5.8.882 first and see what that does. And if Win32::Daemon still does not install I'll use ServAny or something like it eventhough Radiator prevers Win32::Daemon.
In the meantime, I hope Radiator will correctly install with ActivePerl 5.10.x in the future and maybe Win32::Daemon will support later Perl version as well. :-)

Met vriendelijke groet,
Bonno Bloksma
hoofd systeembeheer

tio hogeschool hospitality en toerisme