(RADIATOR) Problems with radius authentication

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Mar 5 15:37:42 CST 2008

Hello Francisco -

Yes the request will be processed normally (albeit without the
unknown VSA's).

Whether or not this has a bearing on the overall result on the
session will depend on the NAS.

Ie. if the NAS expects those particular VSA's to do something like
set up a tunnel, apply session limits, or bandwidth limits, then
clearly if they are not returned the session will not be set up
correctly.

On 5 Mar 2008, at 20:54, Francisco Rodrigo Cortinas Maseda wrote:

> Hi Hugh,
>
> The problem was not the shared secret, because the packet was
> processed, giving always "No such user" to the radius downstream.
>
> The question is: if the downstream radius server sends an attibutte
> to the upstream radius that the upstream radius dont have on the
> dictionary, is the packet correctly processed or not (saying that
> the unknown attibutes are not relevant to the autentication process)?
>
> Francisco Rodrigo Cortiñas
> Jazz Telecom SAU
> Telefono: +34 91 183 9046

NB: