(RADIATOR) Logging multiple Framed-Route's

Jim Tyrrell Jim.Tyrrell at kcom.com
Thu Jun 12 07:27:39 CDT 2008

Hi,

We have Radiator logging all accounting records to a text file in CSV
format which is then inserted into a MySQL database by a separate
script.  We are changing a few things which means users can have
multiple Framed-Route's, and our LNS will also become an LTS which means
multiple Tunnel-Server-Endpoint & Tunnel-Client-Endpoint.

The authentication works fine, however, when it comes to accounting log
we only get the 1st instance of this attribute in the text file and so
into our MySQL database.  How do we handle this so we can log additional
occurances of these attributes?

====   Example log format  ====
AcctLogFileFormat
"%{User-Name}",%{Timestamp},"%{Acct-Session-Id}","%{Framed-IP-Address}",
\
"%{Framed-IP-Netmask}","%{Framed-Route}","%{Tunnel-Client-Endpoint}","%{
Tunnel-Server-Endpoint}"

====  The Radius accounding debug shows something such as  ====
Code:       Accounting-Request
Attributes:
        User-Name = "user_a"
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Acct-Session-Id = "FF10FFFF583B572A-4850EE4C"
        Framed-Route = "192.168.0.0/30 10.0.0.1"
        Framed-Route = "192.168.1.0/29 10.0.0.1"
        Framed-IP-Address = 10.0.0.1
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255

Code:       Accounting-Request
Attributes:
        User-Name = "user_b"
        Acct-Status-Type = Start
        Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = 1:10.10.10.10
        Tunnel-Client-Endpoint = 1:192.168.20.1
        Tunnel-Client-Endpoint = 2:192.168.20.2
        Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = 2:172.16.1.1

I need to either insert all occurrences of the attribute into the same
field with a separator, or additional occurrences need to be logged to a
separate field.  At present we will get the 1st attribute logged into
the field in the CSV and into MySQL and all others will be ignored.

Thanks.

Jim.

service.

The content of this email and any attachment is private and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure,
copying or forwarding of this email and/or its attachments is
unauthorised. If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by email and delete this message and any attachments immediately.
Nothing in this email shall bind the Company or any of its subsidiaries
or businesses in any contract or obligation, unless we have specifically
agreed to be bound.

KCOM Group PLC is a public limited company incorporated in England and
Wales, company number 02150618 and whose registered office is at 37 Carr
Lane, Hull, HU1 3RE.

118288 - KCOM UK Directory Enquiries. Calls cost 49p connection + 14p
per minute including VAT from a KC or BT landline. Call charges from
mobiles and other networks may vary. If you are calling from a mobile
you will now receive your requested number via text message. You will
not be charged for the text message.