(RADIATOR) Question about Radiator/ORACLE performance

Joe Hughes joeyconcrete at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:10:13 CDT 2008

> I have a Radiator configured exclusively for accounting. All received
> requests are sent to a database using <AuthBy SQL>.  Communication with the
> DB and inserts work great but once in a while, when DB is busy, the response
> to a given insert could take a longer than usual

We had a similar problem on MSSQL, this was most noticeable during
periods of routine database maintenance and SQL backups.  We fixed it
by optimizing the Accounting table, the file-groups and most
importantly the indexes (Clustered indexes can be bad in this case!).
Maybe review your indexes, or even possibly remove them. We have a
trigger that fires post-INSERT which runs some operations on the data
- as quickly and efficiently as possible. Periodically we export the
accounting table and clear it down.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au