(RADIATOR) problem with adding new reply item

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Jun 4 23:42:56 CDT 2008

Hello Ronald -

Could you please tell me the name of the registered company that has
purchased this copy of Radiator?

Please reply directly to me.

In answer to your question, have you restarted Radiator using the new
dictionary?

If you have vendor specifics that you would like to have added to the
standard Radiator dictionary, please send them to me and I will add
them.

On 5 Jun 2008, at 09:12, Ronald van der Pol wrote:

> I am trying to add a new reply item to our radiator/radmin setup.
>
> I have added this to the dictionary file:
> VENDORATTR      562    Nortel-OME6500-UPC           216      integer
>
> I used convertDict.pl and createdb.pl to add it to the MySQL database.
> It's in there:
>
> mysql> select * from RADATTRS  where vendor_id = 562;
> +---------+--------------------+------+-----------+
> | ATTR_ID | NAME               | TYPE | VENDOR_ID |
> +---------+--------------------+------+-----------+
> |     216 | Nortel-OME6500-UPC |    2 |       562 |
> +---------+--------------------+------+-----------+
> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
>
> mysql> select * from RADCONFIG where vendor_id = 562;
> +---------+-----------+--------+------+--------+-----------+
> | ATTR_ID | ITEM_TYPE | IVALUE | NAME | SVALUE | VENDOR_ID |
> +---------+-----------+--------+------+--------+-----------+
> |     216 |     10001 |      4 | rvdp | NULL   |       562 |
> +---------+-----------+--------+------+--------+-----------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
> But when I do a radius request with this user I do not see this
> reply item returned (I look with tethereal to the network traffic).
>
> I see these entries in radiator.log:
> Thu Jun  5 00:04:56 2008: ERR: Attribute number 216 (vendor 562) is
> not defined
> in your dictionary
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> 	rvdp