(RADIATOR) Client - group by subnet

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz-lists at cksoft.de
Wed Jun 4 06:02:46 CDT 2008

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Hugh Irvine wrote:

Hi Hugh,

> We've looked at this several times, but we haven't been able to come up with
> a suitable solution.
>
> The problem is unbounded memory usage if the Client definition isn't done
> correctly, and we consider this an unacceptable possibility.

Can you elaborate on this? In what way could a Client definition use
unlimited amounts of memory?

Would the problem be like if someone accidentally gives a /2 instead
of a /24 and you'd then explode that to a list of single addresses?
Or is it something different maybe affecting runtime?

Regards,
Bjoern

--
Dipl. Ing. (BA) Bjoern A. Zeeb          Research & Development
CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au